MEDIUM VOLTAGE - TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SURGE SUPPRESSION "MV-TVSS"
NEPSI’s MV-TVSS™ (Medium Voltage Transient Surge Suppressor) offers the first line of defense from lightning and switching transients for commercial and industrial power systems that have service or utilization voltages from 2.4kV to 15kV.
Figure 1 - NEPSI's medium voltage transient surge suppressors protect commercial and industrial power systems from transients originating
from lightning and switching events.
- Operating Voltage: 2.4kV through 15kV
- Impulse Withstand Voltage (BIL): 60kV—200 kV
- MOV’s: Phase-to-Phase and Phase-to-Ground rated for your application; heavy duty distribution class are standard, station class provided as an option
- Current limiting fuses: Optional
- Metal-enclosed design: NEMA 1, 3R, 4X, 12 | IEC IP10, IP14, IP56, IP52, NEC Class 1 & 2, Div. II designs
- Surge Capacitor: Optional, 0.12μF—0.5 μF
Figure 2 - The MV-TVSS™ provides transient voltage protection from surges originating on the high voltage system by shunting them to ground
or across phases before they enter the low voltage system.
- Provides an incoming line of defense for low volt-age TVSS systems which may not be capable of handling the surge energy transmitted from medium voltage systems.
- Simple low cost installation
- Reduced insulation failures from transient voltage surges that originate on medium voltage networks.
- Low maintenance.
The MV-TVSS™ can be ordered by choosing the part number from the table below based on the system voltage and type of grounding. Options are ordered by adding part number suffixes. Use Table 1 to determine base part number of MVTVSS based on your power system ground and your system voltage. Table 2 provides approximate dimensions, whileTtable 3 provides additional options that are not standard.
MV-TVSS™ Standard Part Numbers
|System Voltage||Recommended Part Number|
|Nominal||Maximum||Four-Wire Wye Multi-Grounded Neutral||Three-Wire Wye Solidly-Grounded Neutral||Delta, Resistive Grounded and Ungrounded Wye|
MV-TVSS™ Dimensions and Weights
|MVTVSS-1 to MVTVSS-9||43.0||43.0||24.0||310|
|MVTVSS-10 to MVTVSS-18||51.0||47.0||28.0||390|
MV-TVSS™ Part Number Suffix Codes
|MV-TVSS™ Option||Model Number Suffix|
|Painted Stainless Steel Enclosure||4X|
|Current Limiting Fuses||CLF|
|Station Class MOV||SCMOV|
For example, a MV-TVSS™ for a 13.8kV multi-ground neutral system with current limiting fuses and station class lightning arresters would have the following part number: MVTVSS16-CLF-SCMOV
Contact NEPSI for options and voltages not shown.
GUIDE FORM SPECIFICATIONS
|Guide Form Specification for MV-TVSS™|